Saturday, January 15, 2011

Benchmade Rukus Folder - Hands on Review

I know, Benchmade again right? Well what can I say, they make quality knives. This one is no exception from what I can tell, very sharp and easy to open/close. The handle is micarta and is well constructed. I have seen online that they area also selling various colors of replacement grips (should you decide you want to alter the aesthetics), but the stock colors look just fine to me.

Only potential weaknesses I can see would be the pocket clip and the grip screws. I haven't seen any issues with the clip so far, however it is also a screw on piece (as opposed to an integral clip, which would be more robust). Having had lots of knives with crappy pocket clips, the screws in the clip are almost always the first things to fail me.

The micarta looks cool, and seemed to be attached pretty sturdily, but on closer inspection there was a bit of wiggle. Long story short, I pulled the screws out and re-tightened them with an allen wrench and a little lok-tite. Problem solved.

Overall, a good little pocket knife. Once again, Benchmade being expensive is a bit of a downer, but you definitely get what you pay for in this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment