Thursday, January 13, 2011

Benchmade Nimravus Fixed Blade Knife - Hands on Review

The moment I got this knife out of the box, I fell in love with it. Benchmade has made a reputation over the years for creating very good knives, and the Nimravus is no exception. A cursory test of the factory edge was sufficient to shave the hairs off the back of my hand with very little effort. The knife as a whole feels very sturdy, and the grips where solidly attached. I tried to mar the finish with a straightened paper clip on hand, and failed miserably. I even tried to put a scratch in it with my pocket knife (a Benchmade Rukus folder), but only managed to leave a dent; didn't even go all the way through.

The sheath is well made, and holds the Nimravus tight. It also gives the option of hanging it from a belt either  vertically or horizontally (dunno that I would be comfortable doing the latter, but who knows; I'm sure someone out there has done it) as well as attached to MOLLE load bearing equipment. I have not had a chance to try out the molded plastic sheath Benchmade offers on their website, but the one that was provided has so far been sufficient for my needs. Why fix whats not broke, right?

Overall, this is a great knife. I'm a bit of a picky person when it comes to knives, but other than being a bit expensive (hey, its Benchmade, you get what you pay for!) I honestly cant find anything wrong with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment