Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Daves Metal Works Oversized Safety

This will be short and sweet because frankly its pretty simple and I'm really only writing this because I'm bored out of my skull. Once again, this is relevant to the Remington 11-87, so bear that in mind if you have a different brand of shotgun.

This is a pretty straight forward mod. Knock the stock safety out from the left side of the frame. There is a spring inside the trigger frame that will fall out, and as far as i can tell there is not much need for it with this part. The only issue I had is that the fit is extremely tight, so you have the option to either reduce the diameter or bore out the trigger frame to fit. I chose to take some steel wool and polish down the surfaces, and that seem to help immensely (its not perfect yet, but its functional enough for what I need it to do; further polishing will be in order as I have time and/or get annoyed at this particular part).

Overall: A nice addition, but not strictly necessary. Makes it easier to pop the safety off without disturbing your shooting grip, but its not all that tough to pop the stock safety off before assuming that grip either. Call it a luxury upgrade. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment