Friday, January 6, 2012

Gerber Silver Trident Knife - Hands on Review

I've had my eye on one of these for a very long time. The only thing standing in my way was the insane price they used to command, but at long last I was able to pick one up on clearance for a little over a hundred bucks. Normally, they run about $200 online (after shipping charges).

Good stuff: The grip is perfect. The texture is exactly what I was hoping it would be, and the girth of the grip itself lends itself to those of us with larger hands (something I constantly wish my benchmade knives had as well). The blade is well constructed and the serrations are sharp as hell. The balance is about as close to perfect as it gets for this kind of knife.

Bad stuff: I really don't have any big negatives here. The plastic tab on the sheath that hooks over the cross bar is a bit tight, but I imagine it will loosen up some with use.

Overall: Love it. Dunno if it's worth the MSRP, but if you can get it on sale under $150 its a VERY nice knife for that price.

No comments:

Post a Comment