Tuesday, September 27, 2011

X-treme Grip Firearm Grip system - Hands on Review


I won't go too in depth on this one because, well, there's really not a lot to it.

Good Stuff: Maintains grip very well. I bought the "Sand" textured version, and though I'm sure some shooters would disagree with me, I found it to be very comfortable (i attribute this to my M&P grips fitting my hand very well, with very little wiggle room to cause irritation from rubbing against the "sand"). The whole package has enough laser cut outs to cover pretty much the entire grip frame. I opted to just cover the areas shown in the picture because that's what i have found works best for me in the past, but you're more than welcome to go wild.

Not great stuff: A bit of a mess to install. Instructions recommend using a heat gun and applique roller for best results, and I wish I had done that. I applied it by hand, and while 85% of the grip is perfect, there are a few small spots that tend to pop up a little while in the safe. Not the end of the world, but again 20/20 hindsight.

Overall: Very nice product. Provides a very solid grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment