Wednesday, January 19, 2011

RCBS Uniflow Powder Micrometer Adjustment Screw - Hands on Review

I'm going to jump right out and say this may be the best 40 bucks I have ever spent on a powder measure gadget. I initially made the mistake of getting the wrong size one for my particular drop (oops), but once I got the right one installed it was very easy to zero and adjust.

The adjustment screw is tight enough to prevent accidentally knocking the measure out of alignment. My only possible concern (and to be honest, its not really a concern, just a nit pick) would be that its a bit tricky to pull out in order to clean the inside of the powder chamber. Not really an issue, just takes a couple more seconds to accomplish.Super fine powders tend to clump up a hair after two or three hundred rounds, but that might just be me (re: my rant about Winchester Autocomp).

Overall, a great little upgrade for any powder drop. Definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment